Saturday, May 24, 2008

update

I finished that book by McCammon and its sequel, both excellent. Now I'm switching over to some classics. I just picked up The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand tonight. I had to read a few chapters in High School and always meant to pick it up again, now I'm doing it. I also got We Were Soldiers Once... And Young by Lt. Gen. Hal G. Moore and Joseph L. Galloway.
I read it once for a research paper on the press in Vietnam, enjoyed it. I look forward to reading it for leisure. I always respected the way those three people wrote.

Came across a few quotes doing family history research that I thought were rather insightful...

“It is absurd to think that life begins for us at birth. The pattern is set far back; we merely step into the process.” Kathleen Coyle


"All sources lie" Lawrence of Arabia


Your thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not exactly on topic, but... Did you know there's a content warning from Google in front of your blog now? Weird. I dunno why they decided to do that.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeh -- I like the quote about life as a pattern we just step into. Very true.

Anonymous said...

They didn't Ing, I put the option just to check something, I'm going to switch it back.

Regarding the quote, we can only play we are dealt, its up to each individual to fashion the extra cards necessary. Necessity is the mother of invention, desperation the father, opportunity the DNA.

This day in history